|Tank, Slick and Rodoc of the West Coast Ravens smoking up the sky at the West Coast Formation Clinic, April 2014, in Madera, California.|
A chilly Spring Saturday. Sixty-one Vans RVs practicing formation flying. And in the afternoon, some of my favorite show-offs.
I spent last weekend hanging out at the West Coast Formation Clinic in Madera, California. My third year present, I enjoyed relaxing with other spectators, snapping pictures of training flights and of course, seeing good formations.
In the afternoon, Mr. T, aka “Tank” took to the sky with seasoned formation friends “Slick” and “Rodoc” where they made a smoke-on take-off and fly-by. As part of the West Coast Ravens formation flying team, these guys love to put on a show.
Other flying things:
1. 24 Hours of Happy
2. If loving a wheelbarrow is wrong…
3. A trip to the nursery
5. Sweet peas
6. Cool as a…
7. A Butterfinger Blizzard
8. Happiness by the yard
9. Keeping the vampires at bay
10. Giving P.F. Chang’s a run for its money
11. A little Spring snow in the Sierras
12. Communing with fellow comm nerds
13. Ladies’ night
14. Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe, New Mexico
15. The shredded cedar fitness plan
16. Baby’s first Easter
17. Bathmat runways
18. Oasis in progress
19. My kind of Easter egg hunt
20. Mass cookie production