I noticed the couple come in–the gentleman dutifully shepherding the woman and her walker into line and then to a seat nearby.
I listened to the pair chatter and realized it was mother and son, on a date. Eavesdropping a bit, as if I could help it sitting two feet away, I smiled to hear familiar family dramas hashed over with other details like an invitation to Best Buy sprinkled in.
While I didn’t get my grading finished, I loved catching a glimpse of someone else’s Friday afternoon.
shawna, the friendly eavesdropper
1. 24 Hours of Happy
2. If loving a wheelbarrow is wrong…
3. A trip to the nursery
5. Sweet peas
6. Cool as a…
7. A Butterfinger Blizzard
8. Happiness by the yard
9. Keeping the vampires at bay
10. Giving P.F. Chang’s a run for its money
11. A little Spring snow in the Sierras
12. Communing with fellow comm nerds
13. Ladies’ night
14. Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe, New Mexico
15. The shredded cedar fitness plan
16. Baby’s first Easter
17. Bathmat runways
18. Oasis in progress
19. My kind of Easter egg hunt
20. Mass cookie production