|My Saturday flying lesson featured stiff winds–10-15 miles an hour, gusting to 20, at 45 degrees across the runway.|
When I first started learning how to fly last summer, my biggest fears centered around landing. (Read about that here). I focused on the basics–finding the middle of the runway (more or less), getting the plane down smoothly, etc.
As I’ve advanced in my training (slowly, but surely), I’ve taken on crosswinds which introduce a whole new level of difficulty to landing and flying.
The long and short? After several windy lessons and some time in a taildragger (read about that here), I was deemed safe to fly and land in crosswind conditions. This means I’ll soon be taking on my cross-country solo flights. Stay tuned!
Fly Girl in Training:
1. 24 Hours of Happy
2. If loving a wheelbarrow is wrong…
3. A trip to the nursery
5. Sweet peas
6. Cool as a…
7. A Butterfinger Blizzard
8. Happiness by the yard
9. Keeping the vampires at bay
10. Giving P.F. Chang’s a run for its money
11. A little Spring snow in the Sierras
12. Communing with fellow comm nerds
13. Ladies’ night
14. Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe, New Mexico
15. The shredded cedar fitness plan
16. Baby’s first Easter
17. Bathmat runways
18. Oasis in progress
19. My kind of Easter egg hunt
20. Mass cookie production