|Peanut brittle, batch the second. Batch the first was more like PayDay innards. June 15, 2014|
I admit, crankypants Shawna showed up to our early Father’s Day BBQ. I stomped in in a huff, cursing my peanut brittle. Well, what should have been peanut brittle anyway. It turned out more like peanut mush. Good flavor, no crunch. Since it was meant to be a gift, I was double grumpy.
Turns out candy making is a science, not an art. When it says boil to 300 degrees, it means boil to 300 degrees.
Because I like to get things right, of course, I woke up the next morning and made a second batch.
|Peanut brittle perfection.|
Just a few more degrees (and a ton of stirring) took the end product from PayDay to perfect.
1. 24 Hours of Happy
2. If loving a wheelbarrow is wrong…
3. A trip to the nursery
5. Sweet peas
6. Cool as a…
7. A Butterfinger Blizzard
8. Happiness by the yard
9. Keeping the vampires at bay
10. Giving P.F. Chang’s a run for its money
11. A little Spring snow in the Sierras
12. Communing with fellow comm nerds
13. Ladies’ night
14. Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe, New Mexico
15. The shredded cedar fitness plan
16. Baby’s first Easter
17. Bathmat runways
18. Oasis in progress
19. My kind of Easter egg hunt
20. Mass cookie production