1. Health! I hesitate to type this because murphy’s law states I will end up in the ER tomorrow, but I am very glad to be healthy and able and vital. I will count my lucky stars if the swine flu and all other illness passes over my door this winter season.
2. My fam and friends- This weekend, although less productive than I needed it to be, showed me how great my family and friends are, and how lucky I am to have them in my life. From Halloween potlucks at my mom and T’s sister’s, respectively, to chapel visits to Sunday morning brunch with my Dad & Gail, I am surrounded by love and am so grateful for it.
3. Mr. T! Have I mentioned how lucky I am on the love front? I try not to be a gushy sap, but I just can’t help how much I love this man. If you’d like to know the funniest, smartest, thoughtfulest, sweetest, cutest, dorkiest, bestest man ever, meet T. (And then lament, because he’s MINES! (Yes, T, that faux pas was for you)) For the record, T also fits in category 2 and probably category 1 since he helps my mental health as well.
4. Freedom. As I sit in the ivory tower debating what role rhetorical theory has in the academy and the world, it occurs to me how damn lucky I am to be able to voice my opinion, to have the forum available to me, to be free, to be safe. We can criticize our country up one side and down the other, but we are lucky to be free.
5. Christmas! I know, a frivolous deviation on the list, but I really am thankful it’s almost time for Christmas. Cue the music, take out the decorations, I am READY! And you know why I love Christmas so much? Yes, it is the decorating and the eating, but it’s also the joy and merriment of the season… traditions with family and friends… oh and presents. I like those, too.
That’s all for now!